InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA is a charter and current member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. It is our pledge to maintain the highest ethical code of financial accountability and reporting consistent with responsible Christian faith and practice.
InterVarsity has had its financial statements audited since 1941. Our audits are performed by independent certified public accountants.
Each member of the Corporation, Board of Trustees, staff and any council of reference signs yearly a statement of faith which includes the following basic biblical truths of Christianity:
- The unique divine inspiration, entire trustworthiness and authority of the Bible.
- The deity of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The necessity and efficacy of the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ for the redemption of the world and the historic fact of his bodily resurrection.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration.
- The expectation of the personal return of our Lord Jesus Christ.
InterVarsity is a non-profit organization begun by students which exists to build collegiate fellowships and engage the campus with the gospel. Gifts to this ministry are tax deductible and are administered according to strict legal guidelines and an approved plan and budget.
All funds sent to IVCF for your Urban Program are under the control of IVCF and are to be used exclusively for Urban Program expenses as authorized by the Board of Trustees of IVCF. Anything given to you for personal spending is NOT tax-deductible.
According to the IRS, once a receipt is issued to the donor, no amount may be refunded to you if you do not attend an Urban Program. The funds will be used for the Urban Program either this summer or in the future and cannot be reimbursed either to you or to your donors.